Akpan - Ogi
Akpan is a fermented cereal pudding typically made from maize. Traditionally, the grains are soaked in water for up to three days, before wet milling and sieving to remove husks. The filtered cereal is then allowed to ferment for up to three days until sour.
- 1 cup Fermented cornflour
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cup hot water
- Mix the cold water and the cornflour. Mix well until lump free.
- Pour the cornflour into the boiling water.
- cook for 5 mins or until thickened
- Serve with Yebessessi, Adokougbi, braised fish…