Traditionally processed Ogi is the type of Fufu made with fermented cornstarch with the distinctive sour taste. Unfortunately, for those who live overseas, fermented corn is not easy to get. Therefore I use a powder of fermented cornstarch sold in most African stores. Ogi is simple yet very difficult to prepare with the powdered Ogi flour.
Akpan - Ogi
- 1 cup Fermented cornflour
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cup hot water
- Mix the cold water and the cornflour. Mix well until lump free.
- Pour the cornflour into the boiling water.
- cook for 5 mins or until thickened
- Serve with Yebessessi, Adokougbi, braised fish…