Attiéké is a cassava side dish from the Ivory Coast cuisine. The dish is prepared from fermented cassava pulp that has been grated or granulated with a texture similar to that of couscous. In Ghana Attiéké is known as Akyeke. Attiéké is used with fish, Alloco, chicken, Kedjenou ... Variant of Attiéké The Abgodjama is Attiéké whose grains are different from others in their sizes. The grains are large in size and this Attiéké generally made to be eaten by the lagoon people themselves is made from a variety of superior quality cassava. It is more expensive than other varieties and is often difficult to obtain. Attiéké petit grain is for trade and has relatively smaller grains than Abgodjama. This is the standard of Attiéké, this variety is available on the markets in large quantities and at low cost The Garba is composed of Attiéké (cassava semolina) and fried pieces of tuna accompanied by chopped fresh peppers and, depending on the variant, tomato and onion, all raised by a seasoning cube.
- 3 cup dry Attiéké
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ onion
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 fishes
- 1 onion 1/2 sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 ~5 cloves
- 2 ~5 whole all spice
- 2 tablespoon garlic
- 1 cube
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 large ripe plantains
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 to matoes
- 4 pepper
- 1 salt according to your taste
- 1 tablespoon cube
Pour the dry Attiéké into a container,
- Add the water, oil, chopped onion and stir gently.
- Cover and let rest 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cook with steam 4 to 5 minutes while stirring , so that the grains do not attach, or steam for 3 to 4 minutes .
- Attiéké, which is eaten warm, is ready to be served.
- Make 2 incisions on each side of the fish
Cover the fish with that mixture (onion, ginger, cloves, whole all spice, garlic, cube, Salt to taste) and fry until golden
Peel the plantain, and cut in cubes
- Fried the plantain until golden brown
- Cut the onion in half, mince very finely and set aside in a bowl
- Cut the tomatoes in half and slice very thinly
- On a medium heat , in a saucepan, heat the oil and add the onion.Cook for 10 mins
- Add tomatoes, cube taste and add salt if necessary.