Easy chicken nuggets
Homemade chicken nuggets are healthier and tastier than the fast-food and frozen chicken nugget. Chicken nuggets are a common staple in the diet of many kids. Contrary to popular believes, homemade chicken nuggets are easy to make. They are fresh, delicious and you don’t have to wonder what type of meat is ground up and packaged in your nuggets. To make the homemade chicken nuggets, you will need a food processor or something to ground the chicken breast. The grounded chicken is battered, breaded then deep-fried in vegetable oil.
- 4 – 5 chicken cutlets cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 glass of milk tea
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brie cream
- 1 egg + 2 tablespoons milk + pinch of salt
How Do You Make Homemade Chicken Nuggets?
Trim off the fat from the chicken breasts. Then, chop them up into cubes.
Blend the chicken, garlic, parsley, pepper
Add the flour, milk and the brie cream. Stir for 30 second.
With lightly oiled hands shape balls and drop as you go on the plate. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Spread the breadcrumbs in one bowl and the beaten egg, milk and salt in another.
Drench each chicken kibble in the egg then coat in bread crumbs. Deposit as you go on the plate.
Place in a cool place time to heat frying oil and fry each kibble until golden brown.
Drain and place on paper towels.
Serve hot with the sauce of your choice or simply mustard.
- To save time, you can double or triple the recipe and keep the extra uncooked nuggets in the freeze for future meal. One the nuggets are ready to be cooked, remove them from the freezer, leave at room temperature until it unfreezes and fry. You can also freeze the cook chicken nuggets in which case, you can warm up in the oven or microwave.
- To bread the homemade chicken nugget, you can use your own breadcrumbs, instead of store bought. You will need to dehydrate the bread in the oven and pulsing it in a food processor until you reach your desired size and texture. You can also add herbs and spices. If they are well dehydrated, it can be preserved for a longtime. To make these chicken nuggets more fun for your kids, because the chicken is soft and moldable after blending, you can shape them into cool shapes. You can use cookie cutter to make hearts, dinosaurs… before covering them with the egg and breadcrumbs.
- Once the homemade chicken nuggets are you can serve with honey mustard, ranch or barbecue sauce.