Éwokoumè (Éwokumè – Akplè)
- 2 ~3 cup corn flour
- 1 cup agbélima (grind cassava)
- Mix 1 cup corn flour and 2 cup water, set aside
- Mix 1 cup agbélima and 1 cup water, set aside
- In a saucepan, pour 3 cups of water, bring to a boil and add the corn and water mixture.
- When the mixture starts to boil reserve the 1/3.
- Add 1~2 cup of corn flour and mix with a wooden spoon. Stir vigorously.
- Add the reserved liquid as needed.
- Try your best to clean your work area clean.
- Add the agbélima and Stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes. Cover the pot and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- To know that the dough is cooked, rinse your finger and touch the dough. If it does not stick to your finger, it is ready.
- Once the dough ready, it’s time to shape. To do this, take a ball of dumpling and place it in an empty bowl.
- Serve with Adémè, Fétri, gboma…ebessessi..
Rotate the bowl a few times to obtain a uniform ball. Serve dessi gboma on top of this dumpling in the bowl or you can place the dumpling in a banana leaf and serve gboma dessi on the side.