- 3 cups corn flour
- Warm water 105–115°F
- Dry corn husks
- Put corn flour into a bowl and add the warm water and stir until you get a smooth batter.
- Cover the bowl the bowl and set in a warm place for 4 days.
- When you are ready to use the dough start by scraping off and discarding any mold that might have formed. Add more water and let it settle and discard the excess of water.
- In large saucepan, add the mixture of corn flour on medium heat.
- Cook for 10 minutes and stir to prevent scorching - or until it comes together but not totally cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into large portions and put them onto corn husks.
- Shape the dough into balls.
- Wrap the corn husk around the ball tying it at the top.
- Pour hot water into a steamer pot and put a rack on top of it.
- Put the wrapped Kom on the rack and bring the water to a boil using high heat.
- Reduce to low heat and steam for around 60 minutes.
- kom is usually served with Ebesse fionfion, Yebessessi, sardine, and fish.