Peri Peri or piri piri
- 2 bell pepper
- 6 red birds eye chillis adjust to suite your preferred heat level
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- Lightly char the red bell pepper on an open flame, or under a broiler
- Remove the charred skin
- Blend red bell peppers, chilli, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, smoked paprika, and salt. I like my peri peri sauce slightly chunky, but you may blend until its smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to a medium saucepan and simmer slowly for 20-30 minutes.
- Refrigerate and use when ready