Alloco & shrimp omelette
- Ripe plantains
- 2 tablespoons oil or more canola or vegetable oil for frying
- 20 shrimps shelled
- 2 to matoes
- 1 onions
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cube
- Peeled and cut diagonally or round, into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Add salt to the plantain
- Add oil into a nonstick skillet and place it on medium heat.
- When the oil begins to shimmer but not smoke, add plantains (work in batches) and fry for 1 1/2 minutes on one side, flip and cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Remove plantains from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Continue frying in batches until all the plantains are fried.
- Slice the tomato, onion and pepper
- Beat the eggs. Beat very well and for a long time.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add the oil and the onion.
- Cook for a min and add the shrimp and garlic
- Then add in the tomato, cube and the egg. Mix everything very well.
- When the bottom (of the omelette) is starting to set, push the eggs around with a spatula. Keep pushing all the eggs while cooking, until all the eggs and shrimps are cooked.
- Simple, fast, easy, yummy!