Fried Yam (Koliko)
- yam as much as you can eat
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- Peel and cut the yam tuber into 1 inch cylindrical discs. Make several cuts across the discs to get large chips. Wash the yam chips and place in a bowl.
- Add a little salt and toss the contents to distribute the salt. Set aside for 20 mins
- Fry the yam at 350F
- When the oil is heated, add a few yam chips, leaving enough room for flipping the chips.
- Stir the chips till they have turned golden.
- Remove the chips and place in the paper towels to absorb the oil.